HP Interns 2007/2008
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HP Interns 2007/2008

A place to discuss all aspects of your time at HP 2007/2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome to HP

Go down 
+9
dani
Toniy
vickie
Lauren
Jellis
Nick
Gormo
David Finn
Leo
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Leo

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-02-06

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 6:09 am

Hi All,

Congratulations in getting a placement at HP. I have set this forum up for you to meet/contact the other sucessful applicants and plan places to live together etc.

If you need any advice on moving to the Bracknell area or whatever please don't hesitate to contact me at leo.knight@hp.com or feel free to add me to your MSN list. My MSN address is leo.knight@ntlworld.com

This is an unofficial HP forum meaning none of your managers will see what you write here, so don't be afraid to ask potentially silly questions

Have fun,

Leo (One of the current HP Bristol Interns)
Back to top Go down
https://hpinterns.forumotion.com
David Finn

David Finn

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 9:40 am

Hi Leo,

Thanks for setting up the forum, should help us learn a few names to stick faces to later on Smile Will start an 'about yourself' thread in a min.

I will post the URL for the forum on the Facebook group Tim started Smile

See you all soon

Finn (or David, depending on which name sticks)
Back to top Go down
Gormo

Gormo

Number of posts : 15

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 9:54 am

Hi all my fellow interns. Congrates to us all, we are the best, lol!

My names Anna but all my mates call me Gormo and hopefully the name will stick like Finns.

Looking forward to the year ahead. Anyone else liveing in halls first of all?

Anyways, gotta go.

Anna (GORMO)
Back to top Go down
Leo

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 10:13 am

Hey Guys,

Welcome to the Forum. Hope it will be of use to you all. Good idea creating the about yourself thread.

I am working at Bristol at the minute but if you guys need any help / help contacting HP people, let me know.

Speak to you soon,

Leo
Back to top Go down
Leo

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 10:14 am

Here is my MSN if you wanna contact me fast

leo.knight@ntlworld.com
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Number of posts : 31

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 11:05 am

Good thinking on the forum, we're in a facebook group as well if people havent managed to find it...

https://lboro.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2323124948&ref=mf

God knows if that links gna work, probably wont but *shrugs*

And why does this forum hate my internet browser!

And yeh, am gna book my place in those delightful looking halls first thing tomoro (by that i mean monday or whatever)

Laters all x
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

Number of posts : 68

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 7:50 pm

Gormo, why ''Gormo''? Very Happy

I wish I was going in the halls, but I'll stick to my mums home cooking and cheaper rent!
Back to top Go down
Gormo

Gormo

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 4:12 am

Hey

Surname is Gormally, irish background.
Name just seems to have stuck after a drunken night out.

You should live in halls, will be a laugh
geek
Back to top Go down
Lauren

Lauren

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-05-05

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 7:03 am

Hi everybody,

Well done to everyone Gromo is right , We are the best !!!! lol!

Wer is everybody living????
Any ideas????
Back to top Go down
vickie

vickie

Number of posts : 5

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 4:22 am

Are most people that are going to live in halls for the first month choosing sibly??
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-05-06

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 5:57 am

Hey guys (or the top 6% as I like to call you),

That's right I did the maths.

Yeah that seems to be the general consensus. Although I'm not sure how much of a 'choice' it is Very Happy

Off to play with the 'Name is' bit now...
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

Number of posts : 68

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 8:23 am

ha I did the maths too, we should rename the board the top 6%
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 9:54 am

Absolutely, cheers penguin.

So sibley halls...

I know a couple of people at reading already and they say sibley is one of the... less desirable accomodations BUT it does generally create a closer community. So peaks and troughs Smile

Looking forward to it though. HP seems to recruit people who aren't (for lack of a more appropriate word) nobbers. Is that the first swear word on here? I know this forum is going to be my downfall. If I get going on this and my line manager catches wind... actually I think he swore at me in the interview.

So has anyone managed to beat my '4 jobs' yet?
Back to top Go down
dani

dani

Number of posts : 34

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 10:30 am

One of the current interns I was talking to said that they're a bit of a dump but if I didn't go in I'd def be missing out!

If it was anything like the first month at uni though i'm def willing to rough it. From these boards and facebook etc most people who don't already live near by seem to be going into halls.

As for the 4 jobs thing - do you mean that you had 4 separate interviews?!
i'd lose the will to live! 1 was def enough!
Back to top Go down
Gormo

Gormo

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 11:50 am

Hi all

I think we can rough it for a few weeks in halls, will be a laugh.
plus i dont think any of the student accomodation in Reading is 5 star, lol!

Once anyone hears anything about it let us all know, cheers

Anna AKA GORMO
Back to top Go down
hepburniain

hepburniain

Number of posts : 8

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 1:11 pm

Hi all.

I think halls will be quality too, a bit of a shock to the system how much its going to cost.... Im coming from bradford uni, one of, if not the cheapest cities in the country to live (with good reason, haha!!)

I phoned one of the numbers given on the email, they said they will be sending out booking forms soon, she said send an email to enquire but im not sure if everybody needs to or whether we wait for a booking form to be sent to us?

I heard off a couple of current interns who said it was a right laugh too...not to be missed.

I agree with Dani on the jobs thing, one was defo enough, especially having a presentation to do.....pressure!!

Take it easy.
Back to top Go down
fletch757

fletch757

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 2:26 pm

Hi guys,
Yeh iv heard a lot of people saying halls is the done thing, aparently its like freshers week all over again! hey Iain im fairys housemate, cherz 4 ur help it obviously worked as i got a placement! Tom said u have to start earlier then every1 else tho n u av 2 stay in a hotel 4 a while? sud b cool!

As for the jobs thing i ad 2 interviews, but i didnt av 2 do a presentation at the 2nd which made it a lil easier!

see you all soon
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 3:23 pm

RIGHT!!!

Just for peace of mind ladies and gents I put a couple of bits on the accomodation bit for you all. One for all and... the rest.

The four jobs was a case of... My first one (Domestic Marketing), which consisted of two telephone interviews (the first one I swore and the lady said she had written waffle next to every section on her sheet... I shouldn't have asked for feedback) and an assesment day which I LOVED. Honestly, I thought it was superb... the presentation was awesome, I just get a kick from it, doesn't anyone else?

Anyway, there was that, but they said I 'wasn't suitable'.

They then put me onto a Global Marketing thing, which the HR lady built me up for saying I'd be really good for that too. That phone interview decided I wasn't suitable for that either.

The third one was a job for... sales I think? By that phone interview I had lost the enthusiasm I'll be honest. They could tell. Not suitable.

Finally got a call from someone saying a guy had picked up my CV and thought I might be good for the job, and went straight in for the interview in bracknell. I started talking about my mate who has a gardening business, or was a tree surgeon or something. Apparently my line manager did a tree surgery course, and I think that's why I've got the job now cheers

Who's she to say I waffle?
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 3:27 pm

all these waffles making me hungry.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 3:40 pm

cheers for that upload link by the way, the bird from sibly hall is slacking and was like ' yeh ill get a form over to you "soon" '

Cant wait, gna be awesome tto have a second freshers
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 8:29 am

No worries bud,

She took about a week to get back to me as well... lazy bitch. I've seen reading and they don't have anything better to do, yet they STILL don't reply.

Anyway, yeah I reckon the fresher thing will be awesome. See I missed out on mine. I thought commuting was a good idea (just got a motorbike and wanted to use it loads), then I realised having to travel 60 miles a day and getting up at 7... just isn't practical.

So I moved in to a place that was left over because some fella's girlfriend was ill (so had to quit uni?) but just never really made the effort. A mistake I honestly regret, because now I live with nobbers (exception of one to be fair).

So roll on freshers!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
joness3

joness3

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 12:31 pm

Toniy wrote:
RIGHT!!!

Just for peace of mind ladies and gents I put a couple of bits on the accomodation bit for you all. One for all and... the rest.

The four jobs was a case of... My first one (Domestic Marketing), which consisted of two telephone interviews (the first one I swore and the lady said she had written waffle next to every section on her sheet... I shouldn't have asked for feedback) and an assesment day which I LOVED. Honestly, I thought it was superb... the presentation was awesome, I just get a kick from it, doesn't anyone else?

Anyway, there was that, but they said I 'wasn't suitable'.

They then put me onto a Global Marketing thing, which the HR lady built me up for saying I'd be really good for that too. That phone interview decided I wasn't suitable for that either.

The third one was a job for... sales I think? By that phone interview I had lost the enthusiasm I'll be honest. They could tell. Not suitable.

Finally got a call from someone saying a guy had picked up my CV and thought I might be good for the job, and went straight in for the interview in bracknell. I started talking about my mate who has a gardening business, or was a tree surgeon or something. Apparently my line manager did a tree surgery course, and I think that's why I've got the job now cheers

Who's she to say I waffle?

Mate i have to say that tree surgery line is a winner, you should use it in all interviews! Hilarious! My line managers asked me if i was an EMU (i think he meant Emo as i have long hair!!)
Back to top Go down
https://aston.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500950790
yann

Number of posts : 9

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 6:01 am

i talked about dance mats ,atari tshirts and yoyos in my interview ...
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 11:03 am

joness3 wrote:

Mate i have to say that tree surgery line is a winner, you should use it in all interviews! Hilarious! My line managers asked me if i was an EMU (i think he meant Emo as i have long hair!!)

EMU... HA!!!! Superb fella. Gonna look forward to meeting you mate. So we've got an emu and a penguin now.

Atari tshirts? What kind of organisation are we joining?
Back to top Go down
joness3

joness3

Number of posts : 13

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 1:43 pm

Haha yeh mate just call me Emo from now on!
Definately cant wait for our sunday knees up!!
Back to top Go down
https://aston.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500950790
Sponsored content

Welcome to HP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to HP   Welcome to HP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to HP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HP Interns 2007/2008 :: Bracknell :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: