HP Interns 2007/2008
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HP Interns 2007/2008

A place to discuss all aspects of your time at HP 2007/2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

29th June - Friday

Go down 
+9
mattp
Daveparker1
dani
biscombj
Liam
Gormo
David Finn
Nick
Toniy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Toniy

Toniy

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-05-06

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 5:20 pm

Heya Ladies and Gents.

This space is reserved for those early birds moving in on the 29th of June. Which is... the Friday.

I... AM one of them.

I'll be there at some point on the friday if all goes well.

... If I'm the only one posting here I'm actually going to cop. I don't want to live in the WHOLE of Sibly on my own.

WOOH!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-05-04

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 5:31 pm

a Friday roomie right here <3
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:03 am

FUCKING YES!!!

I KNEW you wouldn't let me down mate.

GET IN!!!!

We will actually own Sibly by Midnight.

cheers cheers cheers

Have some....
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

Number of posts : 84

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 7:47 am

I will be there on the Friday with a crate of beer and a smile Very Happy

I will unpack on monday.
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:26 am

LEGEND!!!!

We've got the Finnage... WE are WINNING cheers
Back to top Go down
Gormo

Gormo

Number of posts : 15

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm

Hi guys

Ill be in Bracknell from the 26th so im def up for going out on the friday.

Just let me know what the plans are. I must warn you, i get very very and very loud, lol

Gormo

xx
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 12:30 pm

Absolutely shaming our 29th effort with your 26th arrival, will keep everyone around in the loop. Loud people are easier to understand in a club with loud music, so no probs Smile Unless your so loud that it causes me permanent harm Razz
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:11 pm

My... God.

The 26th?

I don't actually know what to say to that. I don't know whether to congratulate you, or be a little bit wary of you, or what.

I'm just shocked.

But I get to use THIS...

affraid

Instead of this... cheers

So I guess, done well Gorms... nice one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:17 pm

I'm tempted to sack off my last 3 exams and go down liek...now...by foot, carrying my beer fridge on my head, just so i can shame Gormo's 26 th effort..but i can't....so i guess she wins.... pale
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:24 pm

I too feel the shame, if i posted a life sized cut-out of myself to Sibly with a note asking for it to be placed outside that might claw back some ground from Gormo's monumental level of dedication. But i will concede, anyone showing more hutspa than Gormo and turning up yesterday?
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-05-09

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 3:58 pm

hey guys i'm goin down on the friday 2..not 2 many of us by the looks of things! we goin out then or stayin in and drinking as much as posible?
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 4:00 pm

Nice to hear from you again Liam, I say we keep it open for the Friday. Get a healthy supply of poison in the flat then see where the magic takes us.
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 5:04 pm

Liam mate, have you seen the other start days? I mean, I know we all talk a lot... but there's still more of us here buddy Very Happy

Poison, Magic and Kegs... sounds like the perfect evening.

In Narnia.

Never seen it cheers
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 5:39 pm

haha yeh just had a look, friday will b the best then!
Back to top Go down
Gormo

Gormo

Number of posts : 15

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 5:07 am

It is well early aint it?
Thats the day ive gotta move into my flat.

Just to make you all jealous im currently in Cyprus typing this to you all.

Ive been round the pool all day which myself and the boyf have all to ourselves.

Im a bit pink, lol

Anyways, better get back out there.

Gormo xx
Back to top Go down
biscombj

biscombj

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-06-05

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 6:20 am

Hey guys & gals, I am comin on the friday aswell, for some fun & frolics!

C u in a couple of wks!
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 6:20 am

Gotta say I love the commitment to the team there Gormo, checking the forum from Cyprus when you could be splashing in a pool.

It may be a little bit early, but by the time we turn up you will be well up for some drinking, so the noise can begin.
Back to top Go down
dani

dani

Number of posts : 34

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 9:45 am

i'm part of the friday crew but my dad's with me so i'll be looking to keep a low profile that night!

don't want to get up to too many shenanigans in front of him!
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 9:55 am

haha u'll hav 2 get him more drunk than u n he won't remember! c ya in fridays guys..i'm off to spain now whaoo!
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 12:50 pm

Have a great time Liam! Make sure you have stories to bring back.

If your Dad happens to see us shenaniganising about the place with buckets on our heads, will he mind? Then again, if he had a bucket on his head for the evening, he couldn't see what anyone of us are doing.
Back to top Go down
Daveparker1

Daveparker1

Number of posts : 13

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 1:24 pm

29th June - Friday Me10

Yeah have a good 1 Liam!

Well if every1 is going on the Fri why the hell not!

Is every1 goign to be in Halls????? bounce
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 8:52 pm

I want a picture in my message box.

The chair I'm writing this on just moved so I had to delete some.

A lot of people (not Jellis, or Ben unfortunately) are moving into halls, but we're still got a hell of a lot of legends with us.

cheers

Before I make a fool of myself.

Shenanigan... the pure Irish word. Love it.

Does the Irish accent sound similar to the Spanish accent, or is that just me?
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 4:06 am

I think it might just be you mate, dont think I have ever confused an irish person and a spanish person.

I am hoping to hear more Irishness during the year and i'm relying on you Dani
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 10:22 am

I asked the woman if she was Irish when she spoke to me (I don't mean 'did she put on an Irish accent especially for me', I mean... the other thing).

She said no, I'm Spanish...

I said... Oh, because I LOVE the Irish accent.

She said 'so what... you don't like the Spanish one?'

I went 'No, I mean I love the SPANISH accent'.

I got away with that apparently. cheers

She DEFINATELY sounded Irish though. Trust me on that Finn buddy.
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 2:56 pm

Alright, I believe you. I am hoping to meet this Irish Spaniard though so I can hear it for myself.

The top 6 seem to have gotten away with a lot during the interviews, good job the interviewers could see through to the magic within.
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 4:02 pm

Umm... we'll discuss the Irish Spaniard between the two of us when we meet buddy ok?

You'll have to trust me on that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 4:08 pm

Deal, yet another thing to talk about in the pub, fantastic.

Its less than two weeks till we move in!!!!
Back to top Go down
dani

dani

Number of posts : 34

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 7:25 pm

yeooooooooooooooooooo!!

excited much?!.... i guess i am! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 1:57 am

Yeooooooooo is of course the traditional Irish celebratory greeting, not falling into Noun, Verb or otherwise, similar to 'Yeehah' or 'AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Usually followed with the gift of Guinness, or a bottle to the head.

But you ALWAYS feel like you've had a great time, Right Dani? Very Happy

I am actually really excited about this. Two weeks and we'll all be a nice little family. And a little bit drunk by now (9 o clock sunday morning).

Here comes a big one.....

YEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOO cheers

My god... this might sound like a piss take.... but that feels AWESOME doing that. I actually love it.
Back to top Go down
Daveparker1

Daveparker1

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 9:20 am

29th June - Friday Me10

I can feel the excitment guys! Loving it!

2 weeks and we finally get to gel together what will be the best bunch of placement students of 2007/8! Go HP!
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 5:55 pm

You know what Dave?

I think you're right mate. We ARE gonna be the best damn interns of 07/08.

But more than that though, I think we'll be the best ... fucking EVER interns ever in the ever. Until they finally figure out that genetic preselection thing. Or A.I.

Great film. Does it end sad? I can't remember. Or am I thinking of Bicentennial Man?
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 8:00 am

I think they both might end sad m8, robin williams in slightly more convincing as a robot than a human though.

No doubt we will be the best interns ever, and we will all go on to be hired as the kings of Big Co. PLC.
Back to top Go down
Daveparker1

Daveparker1

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 10:19 am

Not the best of films in my opinion but good shout on the Robin Williams is more like a robot...look at us- so good we have already unwrapped a holllywood consipiricy!
Back to top Go down
mattp

mattp

Number of posts : 5

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 2:41 am

I feel I have slightly neglected this forum since signing up and can really see that this is probably the only relevent thread to post in!
Just got back of a nice long two week holiday taking in the wonders of both the UK and Egypt farao , had a great time just abit of a shame to be back.
However im really looking forward to starting the job on Monday (im special enough to start a week before you guys!)
I will also be moving into Sibley on the Friday, but down in Bracknell Sunday/Monday, so if you havnt allready, add me to facebook and ill keep you in the loop with any shinanigans that may happen before the friday!
Im guessing the other finance guys will be moving into Sibley on the Friday too.
What ever we have planned for the Friday im sure will be good fun, and will be good to finnaly meet everyone, Ive promissed myself not to get too drunk over the first couple of weeks, as im sure over the course of the year you will find out why and I feel first impressions really do count, bearing that in mind I wont be a sour crout!
Ive got a feeling, I think the Saturday when the majourity of people move in will be a drunken mess.
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 8:59 am

Yeah I always had the impression we're a bunch of conspiracy theorists. But only in very select areas.

Such as who in hollywood, IS in fact a robot.

Robin Williams is one.
Arnie is, ironically another.
And perhaps most shockingly... Jessica Alba. Seriously, its no joke.

Matt buddy, you may have neglected the Top6 for a while... but its not an issue amongst friends.

As long as you're integrating now fella, that's all that matters. Especially with a beefy old post like that.

Question: Did you actually go to Egypt, or did you just say Egypt because they had the pharoah head thing? Very Happy

Monday is very early buddy. Make sure you prep the place sufficiently for the arrival of the Top6 ok mate? Otherwise it'll just be like a huge Shock and Awe campaign. And they always end in tears.

We'll all be drunk drunken
Back to top Go down
mattp

mattp

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 10:56 am

I thought it was a little ironic they had the pharoah emticon, considering id just got back from egypt, allthough not to sure if you can call 5 hotels in the middle of the desert egypt? Was still amasing none the less.
TBH Monday couldnt come any sooner, slightly an inconvinence with glasto on this weekend, but judging by the weather forecast im sure my freinds wished theyd camped in the garden and watched it on TV! However im at the stage now, where this job takes preference over anything, even standing in a field with a bunch of hippys!
I will try my hardest to prep the place as much as poss for the Top 6, but I really dont think HP is ready for the top 6, Tuesday week shall be interesting!
Back to top Go down
Kieran

Kieran

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-05-07

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 2:13 pm

mattp wrote:
Im guessing the other finance guys will be moving into Sibley on the Friday too.

Hey matt, i was told we were moving out of the house they arranged for us (for the first week) on Saturday so thats when I'll be moving in to Silby but I'm sure I'll be joining in any Friday night shens with all you guys that are moving in to Silby on the Friday anyways Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 3:53 pm

Superb attitude fellas, I love it.

I read something about Glasto tickets being stolen in the post or something? I don't know.

I'm off the Wales this weekend for my mate's 21st. He owes me £300.

That'll be a nice surprise Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 4:55 pm

"Happy Birthday you debt ridden cunt!"
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

Number of posts : 68

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 5:17 pm

Toniy, you seem to be going somewhere everyweekend, costly! but then again i suppose if your pickin up £300 then sorted!

I'm now actually a friday 29th person, but will be movin back in the eve, so won't be able to drink with you lot, but i EXPECT plentiful drinkin on the saturday night, and a floor to kip on as trains from reading stop too early!
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 7:47 pm

Nick wrote:
"Happy Birthday you debt ridden cunt!"

OFFICIALLY, THE FUNNIEST THING ON THIS FORUM NOW!!!

Mate I'm still laughing.

And the social boundaries of acceptable language have now, well and truly, been shattered.

Thanks to you Nick, you fucking awesome bit of cunt.

AND JELLIS!!!

Mate as long as you've got some 29 in you, you're one of us buddy.

And yeah, I've been about recently. £18 left of the interest free overdraft Very Happy

I got that fateful phone call this afternoon.

'Hello, Mr Johnson?'

'Hello'

'Hi, my name is Kim - '

'Hello Kim, How are you?'

' - Oh, um, very well thankyou'

'How can I help you?'

'Um, well basically I'm calling from Natwest and I want to discuss with you your borrowing facilities. It appears that we haven't received a deposit into your account for quite some time. Can you tell me, is there a reason for this?'

'Because its Interest Free'.

'Oh... right, well... that's probably the most honest answer I've had all day'.

'Yeah, I'm sorry if that sounded a bit dismissive'

'No, not at all. Basically the conditions are that you put a deposit into the account every 6-8 weeks'

'Ok, so... when was my last deposit?'

'December'

'Uh-huh... and that's more than 6-8 weeks'

'Yes indeed it is'

'Yeah that sounds about right. I remember it was about then I last had one of these conversations. Ok well I tell you what... come monday I will be in a position to pay off probably all the overdraft outright. But at the moment, I'm afraid I'm a little tied'.

'Ok... well I shouldn't really do this, because the big bosses are talking about getting rid of this overdraft scheme altogether and I'm supposed to pick up the money today... but can I call you back monday and we'll settle this then?'

'Absolutely'

'When's good for you?'

'Ahhhh, probably early afternoon. Mid-Afternoon'

'About 2 ish?'

'That would be great'

'And it will be me calling, my Name's Kim. So you know it won't be some random other person (chuckling)'

'Ok thanks Kim. Take care of yourself'

'Bye Bye'.

One for Nick cheers

And One For Me cheers

And One for Jellis for turning 29th cheers
Back to top Go down
mattp

mattp

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 1:37 am

Kieran wrote:
mattp wrote:

Hey matt, i was told we were moving out of the house they arranged for us (for the first week) on Saturday so thats when I'll be moving in to Silby but I'm sure I'll be joining in any Friday night shens with all you guys that are moving in to Silby on the Friday anyways Very Happy

Hey Kieran, nice to meet another financier, looking forward to Monday? ive been left a bit in the dark about whats really going on about next week, but im hoping for a phone call today or tommorow, I may have to move out of the house on Friday, as I have plans for the day on saturday and may be a bit akward to move in on saturday, but I guess i'll just have to see on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Kieran

Kieran

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-05-07

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 5:36 am

mattp wrote:
Kieran wrote:
mattp wrote:

Hey Kieran, nice to meet another financier, looking forward to Monday? ive been left a bit in the dark about whats really going on about next week, but im hoping for a phone call today or tommorow, I may have to move out of the house on Friday, as I have plans for the day on saturday and may be a bit akward to move in on saturday, but I guess i'll just have to see on Friday.

Can't wait for Monday now, will be great Very Happy . I received some info on the house arrangements, although I'm not sure exactly what time I'll be moving into the house this Sunday but if you like you can add me on msn (kierandm@hotmail.com) and I'll keep you informed.
Back to top Go down
hepburniain

hepburniain

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-05-05

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 9:27 am

Hi everyone, you guys are goin nuts on this forum thing, there are loads of threads on now, quality!!
Im movin in on the friday with you guys so it should be a good do, cant wait, going to have to make the most of the friday and saturday, the finance ppl have work on the monday, I think everybody else starts on the tue...... Might book a day!! lol, i dont think that will go down well!
Wot time is the movin in 'slot' on the friday night?
Back to top Go down
Daveparker1

Daveparker1

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 1:43 pm

We all no that HP will love booking the first day off, it is an investment...you will be so much more proactive after caning another few brain cells! pale !!

U can move in between 2 and 5 in the afternoon I think!
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 4:37 am

hey guys wot time u all movin in on the friday? i thinkin of gettin ther bout lunch time ish?? then go find a tesco 2 get sum drinks and food 4 friday nite! only 3 days now!!
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 2:09 pm

I have too much stuff, or my Dad's car is too small, it isnt going to work. So if anyone sees a guy strapped to the roof of a civic looking very very windswept it will be me.
Back to top Go down
timhannibal

timhannibal

Number of posts : 8

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 3:37 am

any of you guys here in the friday thread fancy posting some pics of the halls went you get there? reli wanna see wat they are like! i will be arriving tomo with minimal stuff and maximum booze!!!
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 3:55 am

Balls, didnt take any pics! Sibly is pretty good though, good sized rooms etc.

Had a great night though, beers in the bar and plenty of chatting.

If the Saturday crew are as awesome as the Friday lot then we are in for a good year cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

29th June - Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29th June - Friday   29th June - Friday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

29th June - Friday
Page 1 of 1