HP Interns 2007/2008
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HP Interns 2007/2008

A place to discuss all aspects of your time at HP 2007/2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Intern Ball

Go down 
+11
Kieran
fletch757
Kirsty
Whittaker
Jaya
Liam
dani
Toniy
David Finn
Jellis
Gormo
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Gormo

Gormo

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 5:08 am

Hi

Is anyone up for goiing to this intern summer ball?

Im up for it if everyone else is planning on goin.

x
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

Number of posts : 68

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 5:32 am

I'm going to Leeds for the weekend on friday so i'm not gonna be able to go which is a bit annoying!
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

Number of posts : 84

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 6:21 am

I am up for it, although my track record for drinking at formal events leaves a lot to be desired, for some reason I can drink twice as fast in a suit.
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-05-06

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 7:42 am

I think I covered my stance on the ball in the Accomodation thread, right?
Back to top Go down
dani

dani

Number of posts : 34

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 9:43 am

i'm not sure. i really, really want to go but i am totally skinto!
don't know if i can afford it! boo! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Liam

Liam

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 9:58 am

yeh i'm up 4 it if evry1's goin bt hav no money until we get paid from HP so mite hav 2 find a bank 2 rob! quiet nite then lol
Back to top Go down
Jaya

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-05-26

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 2:49 pm

I wanna go bounce

But am broke 2! oh well im sure we'll find a way!

When is it?

How many people do u think will actually go?

flower
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 9:10 pm

Look... at the end of the day, I have started to like a LOT of people on this board.

And I don't really want to start off this way, because some people have taken the piss a bit in the past, but I am willing to lend anything anyone needs up until payday.

I would love to see you all there.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Whittaker

Whittaker

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 7:50 am

I’m planning on being there but as with everyone else I’m also broke Sad Does anyone know when we need to get tickets by? Guessing there will be plenty as its only interns going.
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 9:23 am

thats why u should have stayed down in bomo mate to earn some pennies! plus i wouldnt be a loner down here if someone else had stayed to work! No
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 10:30 am

I actually didn't think about how much this is potentially going to cost... the girl told me that we can pay in the first week.

And even though I'm sober now... if there is anyone who really doesn't have the money, then they are welcome to come and speak to me and I'll probably be able to lend a tad.

Because I scheme Very Happy

But in all seriousness, this thing is supposed to be the biggest intern event of the year, and I don't want to miss it.

We're the Top6 guys, we can't fall at the first hurdle cheers
Back to top Go down
Jaya

Number of posts : 48

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 2:38 pm

What kind of scheme??? Does it involve APR????? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 4:06 pm

Well... yeah I guess so. 6% for the Top 6%?

That sounds about right.

But no, if I like you, I'll treat it as a one time, interest free overdraft (like the ones Natwest are trying to take away from me...), payable back on Payday.

BUT. NO. LATER Evil or Very Mad

The scheme has to be kept secret I'm afraid. Maybe I'll let you in on it one day, but for now I'm still working out the bugs.

And the legality.

YES!!! cheers

OH by the way, the girl at HP told me that wearing a kilt would be lovely, although drunk girls and brisk winds did make her request that I wear pants.

I told her I'm undecided about it.

WHY SAY THAT?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-05-05

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 2:16 pm

I really want to go too! but just like everyone else am completely skint until first pay cheque! Think everyone should still go though, it will be fun even if we do need to rob a bank to get there!
Back to top Go down
fletch757

fletch757

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 3:51 am

Im hoping to go yes, however it is my brothers 18th on the sat so ,my plan is.... go to this ball on the fri and get pissed, wake up early sat morn and av a pig sandwich as Finn says, get a train home which is guna take about 4 hours and cost a fortune, then get wreked at my bros 18th only to come back dwn on the train on the sun so im back 4 wrk on the mon! What a weekend!!
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 5:16 am

Nice plan there Fletch, call the ball a warm up session, pig sandwich is essential for the undertaking of long journeys after boozing.
Back to top Go down
Kieran

Kieran

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-05-07

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 1:01 pm

I'll definetly be going, I spoke to some of the current interns and they said it wasnt to be missed so that's a good enough reason for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 5:59 pm

It'll be awesome and there's no doubt about it.

Although thinking about it... don't we get two? Like, don't last year's interns invite this year's interns or something?

I want to find last year's Toniy counterpart. Which could be Jerome due to the job replacement issue, or it could be someone who is not necessarily Jerome but just a big legend.

Then I want to find the other dopplegangers of this year's legend team.

LEGENDS!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
urmi3

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: intern ball!   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 6:03 pm

hey!! so wen is the ball agen?? i want to go but as evryone says im skint aswell..lol! and ive just started using this forum so dont know many of you..but everyone seems really nice...and yeh arent the current interns comin to this abll aswell???
Urmi x
Back to top Go down
D8ost

D8ost

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 4:48 am

Im definately going, got my ticket reserved now and chosen from the menu. Iv got no cash but i think its gona be the money and shouldnt be missed...

Is there anything we need to do before we get down there??? apart from Sibly and contracts etc... bounce
Back to top Go down
Paula

Number of posts : 10

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 8:00 am

what/where is this summer ball???
Back to top Go down
Whittaker

Whittaker

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 1:52 pm

Hi Paula HP have organised a ball for all the new and current interns, from what I have heard it sounds like a really good night and another excuse to get drunk. Its on the 13th July at some posh hotel, tickets are £35, if you want to go you need to email lucy.feilen@hp.com and let them know (think pretty much everyone is going) Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
hepburniain

hepburniain

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-05-05

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 2:51 pm

Hiya guys, us finance people hav had our 1st day today and its quality!! With regard to the ball we hav been well advised to go to the ball, apparently its a big event and not bad value for money considering what we get!!

With regards to tickets, there arent not that many I have been told off a currnet intern, there are 90 tickets for approx 120 interns including ppresent and future interns!!!

Take it easy and cant wait til friday!!
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 4:07 pm

Good bit of info there Iain, get your tickets now!

Details on first day please, what happened? Is there owt we need to bring? Glad it went well though m8.
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 6:29 pm

Yeah man, I'm over the moon for ya. Nothing like a first day to make you shit your pants. Very Happy Glad you got out of it ok though buddy.

I'm with Finn... details guy, details cheers
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 6:40 pm

RIGHT.

I know this is talked about elsewhere but I need to bring it up again.

You know that thing about smurfs and fancy dress and beer being the most popular things we talk about so we get all those adverts?

Well how do you explain 'New cure for Herpes'?

I got that from the transfer screen after my last message there.

Also... I didn't even think there was an OLD cure for Herpes. What did I miss?

LOOK!!!

Intern Ball Herpes10
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 5:04 am

I think I missed that conversation as well m8. Luckily it has changed to advertising HP computers and printers for me now, which makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 5:09 am

Holy Crap! It just advertised Finnforest, I am an advert!!!!
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 7:43 am

Holy Fucking Shit... did you click on it?

That's so much better than Herpes you wouldn't even believe.
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 8:11 am

It was gardening or something, check out my range of log cabins.

http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Log-Cabins/finnforest-Helsinki

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 8:29 am

you guys get gd ads, i only get some crappy rubber frog printin thing over and over again, however, as i type this, ''log management'' has just popped up, talk about timing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Intern Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intern Ball   Intern Ball Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intern Ball
Page 1 of 1