HP Interns 2007/2008
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HP Interns 2007/2008

A place to discuss all aspects of your time at HP 2007/2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

To keg or not to keg, that is the question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David Finn

David Finn

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-05-04

To keg or not to keg, that is the question Empty
PostSubject: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 11:59 am

Whether tis nobler in the first weekend to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous bar prices,
Or to take arms against a sea of bad pints,
And by opposing end them? To drink: to be drunk;

Enough pissing about, do people fancy looking into getting a keg for that first weekend? I am sure there are details I have overlooked, but there is something unavoidably exciting about seeing a huge container of beer. Anyone who wants in could pay a share, plus maybe a bonus for whoever actually fetches/transports it cos that will be hard.

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 12:18 pm

Well, i can try and bring down a couple of

http://www.houston-brewing.co.uk/images/order/polypin.jpg

(idiotic woman not included)

Its basically beer in a bag, not keg standard, 22 pints in each and basically theyre used for BBQ's or whatever, does the job.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 12:26 pm

Could be an easier solution, how are those compared to kegs in terms of price? If we have a lack of ale drinkers then we might not need a giant 72 pint keg, although I still like the novelty.
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-05-06

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:06 pm

I... used to drink a lot of Ale... living next to a brewery I felt obligated.

Newcastle Brown is the ULTIMATE hair of the dog by the way. I would be quite willing to accept that Nukey Brown is actually where Hair of The Dog originated (since it is affectionately known as... Dog).

Thankyou Nukey Fact 4. (Could be any of the five, I don't know).

Oh right, but then I stopped drinking ale because I went several weekend in a row chucking up. Which I never usually do.

Last time I went shopping for NBA I smashed one on the Morrisson's floor by accident. It was like a ballet, but I lost. Looked funny though.

But yeah, I'm happy to partake in the 72 thing, Never let sleeping dogs lie. (Or... get back into drinking ale despite the sickness, which in fairness may have subsided by now).

KEG!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:07 pm

... Did anyone just read that and think 'What the fuck?'

Because I did.

Shit... I just lost my Q key.

Ahh... but then how did I type 'Q'? There's a little plastic bit you can push.

Hmm...
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:20 pm

Newky Brown, or 'old faithful' as I sometimes call it is a saviour, it will save you in a pub which only serves rotten beer (I have been to some bad pubs/bars) and it can fix any illness. This of course excludes any liver or blood disease caused by the aforementioned beer. I will have to agree to it being the best hair of the dog, high alcohol and refreshment, genius.

Toniy, you can't let a couple of vomiting sessions put you off a world of ale drinking. Variety is the spice of life (as Various is currently the spice of ours i'm sure) and ale is where you can try many different beers, rather than sticking to the same bland lager every day. I find that you are far less likely to feel ill if you stick to the lighter, hoppier ales rather than the thick heavy ones, NBA is a well balanced beer, but can lead to death by misadventure. I believe the wacky discount supermarkets like aldi/lidl/netto have NBA at £1 a bottle, making it a sound investment for anyone.

Keg is still my favourite idea, especially since we can flaunt it in the face of the other HP offices when they ask what we did when we first met, we can scream KEG PARTY!!11
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 5:07 am

Wow, I just realised the brevity of the situation. I need to say Keg Party. Ok... its settled. I'm gonna research kegs. We need a keg. I mean... who the hell else will have had a keg party?

No-one. They aren't the REAL Top6... we are.

See what you did there with the Various thing... genius buddy. I'm sure he'll be chuffed with that.

I forgot you said you were a beer geek... I want to learn your ways pal. There's no more 'any occasion' interesting pub talk than beer. Except The Bearded Lady of Guildford... but I'm not really a fan of that place.
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 5:36 am

Luckily for you the best way of finding out about beer is to drink every single new beer you see until you have tried them all, I don't know how many hundreds of ales I have had, but it is a lot, I started when I was about 7 stealing a bit of my dads. Beer is truely the safest backup pub talk, if nowts happened since you were last there, at least you can savour/complain about the beer your drinking.

If we got a keg I imagine the other offices would feel genuinely embarrassed that they didnt think of it first Razz

I always thought various was a lady, given her disparaging comments regarding male hygiene.
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 4:39 pm

FFFFFFFFFUCK!!!!!

Cocksucking, motherfucking Rubber Frog can fuck RIGHT OFF.

I just finished writing and the bastard thing made me click it somehow and my writing disappeared.

Right... so here's what I remember writing:

Sexy Toniy wrote:
I'm still a bit dubious about Ale. Still... there's always Immersion Therapy.

You can be my guide back into the world of real Beer. I've got this picture in my mind where I'm at the bar and I take a sip of fucking... Abbot or something and you jump up next to me and go 'Abbot is a fun and fruity ale, rich with flavour and texture, and bounces. Thus earning it the name of 'Silk in a Glass'.

Or something.

Although, bear in mind that most of that ALSO had you dressed as a Frankenstein. So none of it has to be strictly true, does it?

I think Various is a guy. I'm sure of it. Just a bit affeminate. And there's NOTHING wrong with that Various, buddy. Don't you worry about it. We all wear dresses from time to time, and I'm no less a man.

I don't really like how the quote thing made everything smaller... Hmm

Well, lesson learned.

cheers
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 3:24 am

Immersion Therapy is the best way, get to a beer festival and aim to get a taste of them all. The way I got some of my uni mates into ale was to encourage them to drink the less bitter, easy going beers and some made with lager malts such as Schiehallion. Also getting some wheat beer and Belgian trappist ales in the mix make the transition easier.

I am happy to wear a costume if it makes it easier for you, perhaps keeping the picture of me as a zombie on the forum now means that everyone assumes I am undead, but never mind. I think I would prefer to be dressed as hugh heffner if I was giving out tasting tips.
Back to top Go down
Jaya

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 3:06 pm

Finn i am definately a woman!!

Toniy im glad u lost all the stuff u typed up, i hope it happens again and again and again....................!!!!!!!!

i h8 beer but all these convos about it, is tempting me. Im sure i cud be persuaded 2 join in, or ill jus have watevas left on the 2nd!! lol
(not likely im sure)
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 4:02 am

I always knew you were a woman Jaya Very Happy

You can just have a little try of lots of different beers then you might develop a taste for certain ones Smile
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 10:13 am

Jaya... Now come on.

We've had our fun with this, and things got said which weren't met, and I want to get over this. You're supposed to be my little mate, remember?

Remember the good times?

I just want the good times back. Can you forgive me for calling you a man?

I honestly was just having some fun with it. And now I feel bad for making you feel bad.

cheers That's yours V-man. V-WOMAN. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jaya

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 2:44 pm

haha, i forgive u. u kno wat wud be funny if i was the tranny!!! lol

tongue
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 4:01 pm

Very Happy

Various, you are actually hilarious in your simplicity. Its superb and its refreshing, I think we can all agree.

No big words, no drawn out sentences, not even grammar. Who needs it?!?

Just pure, unadulterated, keyboard mashing. And its superb.

Glad we're mates again. That was rough. Never again ok? It hurt the Top6 just as much as it did us.

... Are you the tranny?
Back to top Go down
Jaya

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 3:29 am

ull have to wait and c!! but i bet i look better than finn dressed as 1!
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 7:28 am

That's a bold statement.

I mean, you've seen Finn, pure stunner.

You've got a LOT to match if you think you beat Finn in the Tranny Games.

cheers
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 8:26 am

Thanks for the love there Toniy, appreciate it Razz

I have done a little bit on Keg research and it could work out quite pricey to get a keg renting firm to come and sort us out. It looks like it is going to be around £180-220 for about 80 pints depending on what beer we get, for that they would deliver the keg, set it up, provide a tap and cooler, then come collect it a couple of days later. We might be able to do it for less than this, but I wanted to know how people feel about paying £2.30 a pint or whatever it will add up to.
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 9:12 am

You've always got the love here man.

Now... I know, that that sounds expensive.

But my god we'll haave our very own fucking KEG!!!

I say do it. cheers
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 6:37 pm

The novelty value is better than going to the pub, although the Sibly bint might have trouble understanding why there are men trying to set up a bar in my room.
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 6:53 pm

Do it on the sunday, she won't know Wink
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 7:51 pm

PERFECT!!!

And very tricky... I like it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To keg or not to keg, that is the question   To keg or not to keg, that is the question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To keg or not to keg, that is the question
Page 1 of 1