HP Interns 2007/2008
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HP Interns 2007/2008

A place to discuss all aspects of your time at HP 2007/2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One Question

Go down 
+4
Nick
Toniy
David Finn
Luke
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Luke

Luke

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-06-15

One Question Empty
PostSubject: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 9:31 am

Hey all

I'm bored so i thought i would as the ultimate question.....

Pirates or Ninjas?

LET THE DEBATE BEGIN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-05-04

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 9:44 am

Its not even a debate, Ninja every time. The Ninja are highly skilled spies/assassins, masters of all weaponry and skilled close combat fighters. Although real ninja's usually wore disguises to get close to their targets, such as dressing as a cleaner or something, the stereotype of being dressed in all black is cool. Pirates are just sea thieves who rape, rob and murder everything they find.

If anyone cares to disagree I can dress up again to pursuade you ninja's are better:

One Question Photo-0111

On a night out pirates is a lot easier though.
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-05-06

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 12:47 pm

You. LEGEND!!!

I was just WAITING for someone to ask this question.

For me Pirates is a mile ahead.

Yes Ninjas are masters of everything.
Yes Ninjas are just pretty fucking cool.
Yes Ninjas don't generally get arrested for rape.

BUT

Pirates are just VERY pretty fucking cool.
Pirates get to shout ARRRGGGHHH!!!!
Pirates get to wear what they want, doesn't even have to be uniform.
Pirates are sea thieves who rape, rob and murder everything they find.
Pirates could kick a ninjas arse. None of that fling flanging around. Just whack 'em.

There's also that thing you can do... Laughing I'm sorry, its the worst but MY GOD it made me laugh.

ARRRGGGGHHH!!!! cheers

No disrespect Finn. If anyone's gonna convince me on Ninjas, I know it'll be you pal. You big beered up Ninja You Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 1:45 pm

A good reply Toniy, but I think you are neglecting a big part of pirate life, buggery. Ever wonder where the phrase 'worse things happen at sea' comes from. I would rather choose a group of elite assassins over some smelly toothless men who floated around the world till they could think of nothing better to do.

I do have to admit to turning up to sixth form dressed as a pirate and talking like a pirate for international talk like a pirate day, but I have been a ninja for more occasions than I have been a pirate and it is a bit more special. You can genuinely scare people, and I mean really scare them if you look too convincing. One of my friends tried to go out dressed as a ninja, but it was really misinterpreted by everyone who saw him, who apparently assumed he was mocking Islam.

A pirate could never ever beat a ninja (this of course excludes Jack Bauer dressed as a pirate), ninja's are too fast and have pointy things which kill everyone nearby. The pirate would have a shuriken in his neck before he knew ninja's existed.

Further ninja info can be found here:

http://askaninja.com/

Although in my experience it is a severe handicap to drink when dressed as a ninja, you have to reveal your face to get a drink down you, or you have to cut a hole in your face mask to fit the straw in.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Number of posts : 31

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 2:56 pm

Im a pirate man at heart....cba to explain really, but heres a more hard hitting and current questino tbh...

How many of you told a fucking bare face lie wen asked on the BUPA form how many units of alcohol you consume in a week?

I just looked on the back of the fosters can i had in my hand at the time and multiplied the recomended daily allowance by 7 and put that :/

I think in reality im probably about 2 or 3 times beyond that in a normal week, more if im honest, anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

Number of posts : 68

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 3:15 pm

I can't remember how many I put, but was a blatant lie! a drink or a few most (every) days keeps the boredom away!

But on the pirates and ninja thing, I'm with Toniy.

To add to Toniys list:

Pirates are just VERY pretty fucking cool.
Pirates get to shout ARRRGGGHHH!!!!
Pirates get to wear what they want, doesn't even have to be uniform.
Pirates are sea thieves who rape, rob and murder everything they find.
Pirates could kick a ninjas arse. None of that fling flanging around. Just whack 'em.

AND

Pirates replace lost limbs with hooks and wooden stumps, very cool!
Pirates can grow hench beards and wear patches! Imagine if it was like a one way mirror patch, no one could see what your lookin at with that one eye (if the patch is just for show and your not actually blind in that eye!).
Pirates have pet parrots, you could teach it to swear at the Sibly 'bint' you have had to deal with!
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 6:24 pm

Well... I am now in two minds.

FIRST MIND

Ninja.

Ask a Ninja is the funniest fucking thing I've seen for months, barring Finn's 'buggery' comment.

Fucking. Hilarious.

No more swearing now, I'm lowering the tone of the whole board. Its inexcusable. Or at least, it would be... IF I WASN'T A PIRATE ARRGHH!!!

Back to it. I don't like the fact that the Ninja has been overridden by Pirates so indiscriminately. So I'm thinking, maybe... just maybe I might switch sides.

But I don't know because I fucking love pirates. And the risk of offending Islam is... well its not a risk I'm really willing to bear to be honest.

And buggery can be avoided with a plentiful supply of Skate Very Happy

HAHAARRGH!!!

MIND TWO

I actually love the word 'Hench' now, and that was just associated with Pirates.

I want to take down the Sibly Bint with a Parrot (that poor bitch is probably the sweetest girl in the world really. But we WILL find out and if she isn't... well we're buying a parrot).

I want Bionic Arms like I'm sure is what Jellis meant by 'wooden stumps'.

MIND DRINK LEVEL

I lied about it I'm sure. What I tried to do was take my yearly intake and average that out daily.

Now I can't stand most of the people at my uni, SO, I didn't see them much throughout the week. HOWEVER, I LOVE the people back home and around the country... so when I saw them at weekends etc... my booze intake levels skyrocketed.

No joke. I mean it would kill small children. I have this drink I made up. I call it 'The Russian Cement Mixer'. It would kill, small, children.

So, as such, I averaged it out and got a fairly modest sum. Which I don't think can be argued. Thank god for Binge Drinking.

I did lie about being a smoker though. I thought if I told them I smoked, I'd look cool.

That's a lie in itself actually.

I am in fact a smoker at present and told them I'm not. Which will soon be true. I don't like the fact I smoke, but I do. I gave up for a couple of months recently, but then I found out about the 1st of July and thought 'oh well, better make the most of it'.

Not an ideal way of thinking I know, but I just enjoy smoking sometimes.

But you guys won't have to put up with it because I'll be quitting come July.

Take it... I'm the only one?

Admit to smoking, get a free Wooh!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jaya

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-05-26

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 3:27 am

ninjas, they do " hayyyyyy ya"! ( sounds better wen u hear it)
Back to top Go down
Luke

Luke

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 6:05 am

I did watch this one kung fu film where the ninjas did have fuggin awesome powers:

- They could explode (so they ran and hugged people to take them out as well)
- They could bond together to form giant ninjas
- They had massive kites they could fly on
- Could burrow extremely quickly through sand
- Could kick seven shades of shit out of a shaolin monk

and......

- They wear ninja suits, i mean come on people! what more is needed?!
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 7:24 am

... Are you talking about the Power Rangers?
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 8:15 am

I feel I might be outnumbered in my ninja love, but luckily I have a collection of super low budget ninja films, they are such poor quality that it will make your sides burst open with laughter, I am talking camera shots with no characters on screen during dialogue and implausible dubbing. The best of which is Ninja Terminator, the funniest thing I have ever seen, in halls we got a noise complaint cos of the laughter.

Wenches are a good incentive towards pirating, but bare in mind that your a sea for a year and by the time you get back you will have severely lowered standards.

My offer to gain favour for my side is:

I can dress as a ninja, completely in black, and sneak up on the Sibly bint with a fire extinguisher, blast her and run.
Back to top Go down
Luke

Luke

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 8:40 am

On the subject of poorly shot hong kong cinema, "Best" Bad Kung Fu Movie is "Raiders of Buddist Kung Fu" it is so lame it deserves an oscar, check it out, its got Kes from Bo Selecta in it!!

As much as it does sound like they were power rangers, but alas no, but on a slight tangent, did you know that it was actually a man inside the first yellow rangers suit, very bizarre.......

As for being out numbered in the ninja loving department, it doesn't matter, we have the supreme ninja powers on our side, that counts for a multitude of supporting opinions!
Back to top Go down
Paula

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-05-26

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 8:21 am

Question Question Question
crazy conversation.. lol!
would you consider yourself as a representative for all english students --> are all students crazy like you? Laughing
I think I'll have a good time with you guys! can't wait to meet you.
Back to top Go down
yann

Registration date : 2007-05-09

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 7:14 am

ninja all the way not even one though !!!!

pirates smell
Back to top Go down
yann

Registration date : 2007-05-09

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 7:15 am

ninja all the way not even one though !!!!

pirates smell
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 12:30 pm

Thanks Paula, looking forward to meeting you too Smile

Pirates are the kings of the sea. But I think Ninjas being able to fuck with the Sibly Bint is an infinitely valuable skill.

So I am well and truly torn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Question   One Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Question
Page 1 of 1