HP Interns 2007/2008
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HP Interns 2007/2008

A place to discuss all aspects of your time at HP 2007/2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Accommodation

Go down 
+21
mattp
Dione
Daveparker1
Cat
timhannibal
Lauren
David Finn
Leo
Jellis
Liam
Whittaker
joness3
Kieran
Toniy
hepburniain
deepa
Gormo
fletch757
Kirsty
Nick
dani
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Toniy

Toniy

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-05-06

Accommodation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 9:26 pm

--BUFFER--

RIGHT. I want to point out I've turned nocturnal again, no need to worry.

I also had to seize the opportunity to jump on this before it got out of hand.

Guys, your efforts into getting us as far as 3 pages have been astonishing. We won't have a problem catching the Bristols now.

So the reason I've made this 3 instead of 1 posts is to catch Post 100.

Not for glory, but to thank the lady (or whatever she prefers to be called) that made it all possible.

I think it should be her who takes us into the next era of 3 page.

Its Dani, if anyone's wondering.

Give her a day I guess. If we're not on 3 pages by then... well, fill your boots Very Happy

Anything else you want to say, you could either write it in Notepad so you don't forget it and wait for Page 3, or you could start a new thread (Its quite exciting) OR you COULD just be a bit of a bastard and steal the glory away from her. It really is up to you. But remember, we're all here to judge.

ALL THE BEST GUYS!!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 6:52 am

looks like you took us to page 3 toniy! mate, that presentation, weird! why smurfs!?!??!!?
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 8:17 am

I KNOW!!!

I'm actually proper upset about that mate. I'm not happy.

I miscounted. I thought post 100 would be the last one of the 2nd page BUT IT WASN'T!!!

Oh well, there's always page 4. And there's a fair chance she wouldn't have seen it for a week anyway.

Still, I feel like a prick.

BUT we shouldn't let that overshadow the fact that the Bracknell Krue HAVE HIT 3 PAGES!!!

Done well guys cheers

Anyway, the smurfs. Well, some anonymous fella saw my profile picture and said 'If a smurf hands you a bottle of piss, don't take it out of his hand and drink it'.

Which got me thinking. Little ideas like that set me off. I've got like... 5 other Whack things that I put together over the years. Keeps me busy when I should be working Wink

It is a little bit weird, I'm not gonna hide from that fact, but when you've got nothing to do at Four in the morning, your mind does start to wander. It makes sense actually, considering that's the time your mind should be dreaming. Right?

Anyway, Congratulations Gang.
Back to top Go down
dani

dani

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 9:08 am

it seems my thunder has been stolen.

i am TRULY heartbroken. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Kieran

Kieran

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 12:51 pm

Wow, the 3rd page, I really should have been on these forums rather than revising lol

How did I miss poker talk! Shocked I'll be well up for a game at some point

I'll be moving in on the Saturday, looking forward to whatever the social turns out to be. Not really bothered what we end up doing, im sure it'll be a laugh whatever we do Very Happy

Anyway, theres my help to get us to the 4th page so we can really put Bristol in their place haha. I'm gonna make sure im up to date with the forum now, can't be missing out on all the fun Razz
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 2:57 pm

I am SO... SO sorry.

It was really late in the morning (or early... what's 4 o clock count as?) and I tried to just put us over the edge, right up to the end of Page 2, with the little Business Venture I set up to stimulate conversation AFTER the 3 page crossover... and it turned out that I had miscounted how many posts were on each page.

I hope you can tell that I TRIED to set the stage for you Dani, but I fucked up. And I can only apologise for that.

You can have a 40% Share of the Smurf Project if you like?

----

Sidenote: Kieran!!! Good to have you here buddy. Take a look at the project and pass on any thoughts for ways to improve the profitabilty of said project.

----

Again, I apologise. I am not the leader here. It wasn't my place to crossover. I hope the guilt I am feeling at least in part makes up for this... travesty.

.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:01 pm

You know what this forum needs? An edit button.

I would like to point out that my previous comment (Page 2) 'My friends haven't even seen this yet' was tactless.

Though we haven't met face to face, I count you all as friends regardless.

Very Happy

Question: IS the language getting a bit out of hand now? I'm seeing a lot of F's
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:44 pm

Right... Ideally I was hoping somebody else had posted by now, so it didn't look like I'm.... doing whatever. Just as long as it doesn't make me look like a weirdo.

You know what? I started on here expecting to post a couple things and just leave you all to it until July. Apparently I can't shut up even when I'm not talking... now THERE'S a crazy thought.

Ok, back to the point. I have compiled all the Whack Ltd. Projects (including the original business plan) so it makes the Smurf thing a bit easier to understand. Or makes me a bit easier to understand. Either way, as long as you get something out of it, its all cool.

Here it is Smile

Whack Ltd. Project Base

(The actual Smurf Project has been downsized since it took like an hour for me to download earlier, so its about a twelfth (?) the size now Very Happy

I don't know how far to actually distance myself from these things. I reckon it will either become a nice little talking point for a while, put a smile on people's faces.

OR

Segregate me from the Community from here on in.

Any thoughts are welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jaya

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 4:41 pm

omgggggggg, wtf Toniy, so much has happened, where was I?? (been drunk for the past week, no lie)

It seems that U cannot stop talking!! And u have an obsession with Page 3!!! (make sure u check ure papers people)!!! lol
Oh yh Toniy stole Dani's thunder (tut tut), and people have had exams, btw they were so l8 i thought every1 had finished by now.

How could u think that picture was a dinasour?!!! lol

Rite Im from Bristol, so i cant say anything bad about it, infact i may even join their forum!!
Altho its highly likely that it isnt as gd as OURS!

i learned how to play poker again, and i have 2 say I won, would u say im flukey, lucky or just clever.

Ill go with clever!! tongue

Bringing the conversation back to ACCOMADATION!! I dont kno if i shud move in on 1st or 2nd? scratch

Im loving the LOVE in this place! lol I love you

p.s can i be the leader????? PLS cheers ( i feel like im stealing that emoticon frm u Toniy!!) Oh well gotta start somewhere.

Holla bk x
Back to top Go down
Lauren

Lauren

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 5:14 pm

Whack Ltd looks like it will be a huge success !!!!! I dont actually think i wil drink smurf piss nothin against the little people (i did like that puppy song they released) but knowin were it has come from does put me off a teeni bit!!!!

I left my job tday was kinda not a sad occasion an i got hit on the head wi a metal door that hurt quite alot, so had a realli good leavin memory an bump !!

I hopefully will be on holiday next week, even tho nothin is booked yet, so i will mis out on a weeks posts so will hav a lot to catch up wi!!!

You can be leader if you like (or you can be joint leader wi toiny)!!!

Oh one last thing , i tink i hav t start wrk on the 2nd, boooooooooooo , but iv emailed my boss to double check an he's gettin bak t me tmro so hopefully wil be able to be out on the piss til silly oclok on sunday !!!!
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 7:49 pm

What the fuck Toniy, your worse than a girl!!!! Razz You chat and chat and chat, or should that be type and type and type?! your fingers must be stumps..... at least there'll be no awkward silences at the social and your probs a good person to pop down the pub with, although, convos about smurf piss are bound to arise, and ppl may think we are weird!!

On the subject of bosses, I dont have a clue who mine is, well I think I do, but then I think I don't. Apparently, at my interview I was meant to ask for some lady called Sarah on arrival, but instead I was interviewed by some guy called Reuben, who also signed my contract, but Sarahs name was on the contract scratch confused, just a little!!!
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 8:56 pm

First of all, Yes, its around 4 in the morning again.

Secondly, ONE DOWNLOAD OF THE WHACK PROJECT BASE?!?! How are we supposed to funcation as a commercial community if nobody pays attention to our business interests?

Third, What the fuck is an emoticon?

JAYA

I don't think that much has happened, just me going ballistic in the wee hours of the morning trying to develop people's interests in a growing enterprise I like to call Whack.

I didn't notice you were away so long... although I did miss the blatant mashing of your keyboard to convey your thoughts Very Happy

I didn't try to steal Dani's thunder. I TRIED to give Dani a fucking... SUPERSTORM of awesomnia. Regarding the Page 3 issue.

Don't join Bristol's forum. Ours IS better and you will only waste energy over there that you would otherwise spend here.

Well done with the poker. We'll have a game one day. I'm dubious about going with clever though. Don't read too much into that.

You can't move in on the 1st because its a Sunday. I'm... almost certain we've covered this Question

I think you could be leader if you want. But you've got to be very underhand. cheers

Lauren

With the support of our little family here, Whack Ltd will certainly realise its potential. And it will take over the world. Its already been set in motion. You and Anybody Else COULD Look At The Project Base Hiiiiiiint if they need to know more...

That wasn't directed at you by the way. Smile

You wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Smurf Piss and Snakebite. Honestly. Or Guinness and Smurf Piss. I can't be sure.

I left my last job because they wouldn't let me have a month off. I don't think I have a memory of my last day there, even though it was only a couple of months back. I think I was hoping to leave early but then some.... twat decided to order food. (I was a cook by the way, there's the connection Very Happy )

Hope you enjoy the holiday. Its nice to take a break. I'm hoping to go away in September. If my 'friends' can get their arses in gear. OH and if I can get myself out of the overdraft. And pay off some of my interest free overdraft (they've sent me the fourth letter now...)

Did you find out about working on the 2nd?

I'm not sure a collaborative leadership would work. Not to be rude, I'm sure Jaya's great to work with. She is Top6 after all. I'm just not sure we'll agree on certain policies. She seems a little faschist, don't you think?

cheers

JELLIS!!!

Tell me about it fella. Its beyond a joke. I don't know what it is.

There's the arrogant view you could take, where I think everything I think of in my head is something everybody else should hear.

There's the A.D.D. view, where I physically cannot contain my thoughts and as soon as they're in, they're straight out again.

There's also the third view. Because three is such a great number. It feels like a complete list now, and rounds it off nicely. The rule of three. Right there. In action.

I have a physically tough time keeping quiet unless I am solidly embedded in something (not concrete... I mean like a little project or something. Like my Whack's (also, I'm not twitchy)). So there will never be awkward silences. Unless I cause them. Which sometimes I do.

Which I don't think is a signal that I put my foot in my mouth. Its really more along the lines of the Law of Averages. The amount I talk... I'm bound to fuck up sooner or later.

At least this is all one post though, huh?

And yes. Smurf Piss conversations (which I assure you WILL come up buddy) will make us look weird. Until they become so fascinated by the passion we show in what we speak about, they become just as engrossed as we will be.

cheers

And Finally...

Dani

I am so... so sorry.

How can I make this up? I can't get it off my mind, seriously. We need to clear the air and make things right between us. For the good of the Top6.

You can even have your own little Wooh!!! fella:

cheers
Back to top Go down
Jaya

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 5:34 am

Im movin in on the 2nd is that 2 late??
Will i miss all the fun? Rolling Eyes

Various x
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 5:15 pm

Well ummm... Yeah....

Especially because everyone will likely be hungover.

I was worried that fucking... super post I did earlier was too much and just killed the whole topic... but you came through for me Various. Nice one.

Why can't you move in earlier... like the 30th or something?

AND

Has the goal of Page 3 being reached stopped people using Accomodation as their main source of chat?

I feel bad because I can't help but think I'm to blame. Help me out guys... Community Spirit cheers
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

Number of posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 7:42 am

I'm sure there will be plenty of fun to be had over the year, so dont worry about that. You are mainly missing out on any awkward social situations and the change to learn everyone's names.

On the subject of accommodation is anyone planning to bring an usual item with them? Such as a trampoline or bouncy castle? I am planning to bring my home brew kit so we can make some beer (I have made 120 pints without a single poisoning so far cheers ). Usually works out at about 40p a pint too Smile
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 7:46 am

Good effort Finn. My dad owns a brewery, so think ill bring down some of his gear so we can have a free for all drinkin session. Other than that, think my stuff will b pretty average Sad Keen to see what the rooms are like tbh, my first year halls were fucking insanely good, so these better b up to standard, and also their net had better not block any limewire etc, or there will b trouble!
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 7:58 am

Nick wrote:
Good effort Finn. My dad owns a brewery, so think ill bring down some of his gear so we can have a free for all drinkin session. Other than that, think my stuff will b pretty average Sad Keen to see what the rooms are like tbh, my first year halls were fucking insanely good, so these better b up to standard, and also their net had better not block any limewire etc, or there will b trouble!

Your automatically my favourite now Nick Razz Which brewery is it? I am a bit of a beer geek. Nothing beats free beer, except possibly free t-shirts with beer logo's on them.

I have low expectations of accommodation after staying in shit stuff in my first year, from what people have said Sibly isn't going to be super nice. If the internet in the halls sucks at least we only have to use it for a month then we can get a house. I did some nerdy research just now to see what speeds you can get in Reading and it seems the exchange has been unbundled and the sumo suppliers have set themselves up, which means up to 24mb broadband cheers
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 8:07 am

hah, awesome, need speedy net or i'll end up stabbing the sibly bint.

The brewery's called Storm Brewing Company, its not massive, been about for...8 or 9 years now, but they supply all over cheshire and towards sheffield, i'll make sure i bring a shitload down for tasting sessions ;P Theyre brewing their Millionth pint soon i think, mite try and steal that for myself.
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 8:23 am

I have had Storm Brewery beer at least once (probably more), the most recent of which was a pint of Summer Daze at the White Cross in Lancaster, it was good so tell your Dad I like his brew Smile I like to know that I have drunk some of those million pints, and will aim to drink a larger portion of the next million Smile

I always love tasting sessions drunken
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:32 am

Nick wrote:
hah, awesome, need speedy net or i'll end up stabbing the sibly bint.

Theyre brewing their Millionth pint soon i think, mite try and steal that for myself.

I actually laughed out loud. I NEVER give the old LOL, but my god it deserves it now.

Finn mate, I'm like next door to the Gales Brewery (George Gale & Co)... Home of HSB. Awesome.

On the other subject of brewerys... I know of a micro brewery in reading we could visit... I'm sure I'm repeating myself now... I'm losing my mind.

Its gonna be a good year.

You're right... the internet better be fucking spot on. And Wireless. I scheme you see. And Nick... I gotta introduce you to Torrent mate... you'll crap your pants.

WOOH!!! CRAP! cheers
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 11:45 am

Good call on the torrents, any limewire'ing will be mocked Razz

I can't remember having HSB, doesn't mean I havn't but I don't remember it. Feel free to steal a keg or two from Gales and bring it down. NOW THATS AN IDEA! We have a large group of willing drinkers, a free weekend, and access to brewery's. That can only lead to one thing.....lets get a bloody keg! I shall set up a poll to see who might be willing to pay for a share. Although I think some beers need to be left for a couple of days before they are ready....bleh details.
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 3:59 pm

... If only you could Torrent Kegs...
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:09 pm

Maybe one day Toniy, maybe one day......
Back to top Go down
Jaya

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 7:00 am

LOL, i actually laughed out loud to " stab the bint" as well. does that make me a horrible person? oh well! Smile

It not about beer people, its about whiskey, well actually Jack Daniels.

Im starting 2 like u guys alot, as i feel u can help me with all my IT problems, e.g. never been able to update songs on my ipod, which ive had 4 a year!!!!

cheers Wooh (is that how it goes Toniy?)
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 10:51 am

Stabbing bint's is fine, as long as they really deserve it, for example if they do not let you use their internet illegally.

I am 100% sure that if anyone has an IT problem then someone at HP can fix it, they invented IT Razz Although that might not apply to iTunes because it is the work of the devil himself, a program so malicious that it melts everyone computer it touches, silly apple.
Back to top Go down
Daveparker1

Daveparker1

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 11:11 am

Accommodation - Page 3 Me10

Wow kinda forgot to post on ere 4 a while! Looks like a quality bunch!

I am well impressed on the old beer making situation, that is one skill I am looking to develop. Me and my house mate thought that it was a quality money saving idea...and bout a kit from a well dodgy looking shop for £30! Went down hill from there really!

Is every1 moving in on the weekiend b4 the 3rd? I'm gunna be moving in2 Sibly on the Fri and am looking to make the most of my last few days of 'get absolutly pasted without any responsibility atall' time! Love it!
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 4:21 pm

Hey there Dave(p), glad you're back mate Smile

I can see what you mean about dodgy beer making from dodgy shops etc... There's got to be a certain talent behind it surely. But then again, if Homebrew was that easy and that hassle free... wouldn't everyone be doing it? Regardless... we WILL perfect it. We are, after all... The Top6.

David Finn wrote:
I am 100% sure that if anyone has an IT problem then someone at HP can fix it, they invented IT Razz

Su-Perb.

But also I agree with your point about Apple. They should have stayed a fruit company. Fuck Diversification. If you can't do it right... DON'T BLOODY DO IT!!!

Various wrote:
Wooh (is that how it goes Toniy?)

More or less... Yeah! Smile You could use a couple !'s if you like, to spice things up, but that's really for when something is totally fucking awesome. All in all, good work fella, proud of ya mate.

Note: What happened to Various' Dyslexia?
Back to top Go down
Jaya

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 4:27 pm

Im not a fella!!!!! Sad

And seriously ive been trying really hard not to make any dyslexic mistakes, i dont want the piss taken out of me before weve actually met!!!
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 4:49 pm

I had the piss taken out of me before we actually met. Its not so bad.

Ok fine, I don't ACTUALLY think you're a fella. But I could have had a lot of fun with that.

Do you know what's weird though? I thought about the thing I said about wearing dresses, and twinned that with Finn's Frankenstein thing... and thought... if we go out fancy dress... I want to go as a fairy. Or a ballerina. With Boots. Is that weird?

No harm done Various... you picture of femininity you.

Girl Power cheers
Back to top Go down
fletch757

fletch757

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 1:55 am

Hey guys and gals avnt had much chance to post much on here, been wrking all the time since i finished uni ( getting as much cash as poss to live off in that 1st month of maddness). How is every1??

The beer talk has got me interested, ive looked round a brewery called black sheep, any1 heard of it? 1 type of beer was 9%, it didnt take many to get me on my way! ha!

Yeh thew net wants to be good, u wouldnt believe the probs we had with our net in the 2nd year at uni, think we actually spent more time disconnected than anything else, n wen it was wrkin itr was slow as fcuk and limewire was a no go!

btw i think im moving dwn on the sat, its guna b a 5-6 hour journey 4 me, cnt w8! woop woop!
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 3:39 am

Heard of black sheep?! Its one of my favourites! Very good beer, especially riggwelter (5.9% of drunkeness).

It would be a genuine tragedy if the internet was shit, I too had loads of grief in my 2nd year getting connected and I dont want to do it again, Pipex nearly sent bailiffs to my house to collect money for internet they never tried to give me.

Hoping to set off early on the friday so I can get involved straight away Smile
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 5:17 am

Quote :
... if we go out fancy dress... I want to go as a fairy. Or a ballerina. With Boots. Is that weird?

not weird according to todays PC day and age, however, we did just find out who the top 6 tranny is!

Fancy dress nights are quality, especially when you have a full length penguin outfit - with yellow feet and bow tie Laughing and a clown outfit collecting dust!
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 5:45 am

Jellis wrote:
We did just find out who the top 6 tranny is!

Re: That Comment. My email to HP regarding the Summer Ball.

Toniy (after being awake throughout the entire night) wrote:
Hi there Lucy (and Alexandra),

First of all, its a pleasure to meet you (or sort of meet you). I hope this email find you both well :-)

I am basically writing to secure a ticket for the Summer Ball. Without paying. But only for the moment. I'm assuming I'll be told how that works a little later. I haven't really got any questions regarding the event itself, the interns I've spoken to already said they loved it. I will be taking over from Jerome along with another guy this coming July, if that helps.

I would like to wear a kilt though. Its a fascination I have, and I've always wanted to and I think this would be the perfect opportunity. I am actually a 16th Scottish so that makes it ok, right? Do you think that would all be fine, assuming I can get it together?

I also got told that you aren't supposed to wear pants. My only concern there, is that people might be tempted to lift up my skirt. Kilt. And that could potentially cause all kinds of trouble. But I don't really want to break tradition. In for a Penny, in for a Pound and all that.

I appreciate this might actually sound like a joke, but I'm actually relatively serious, so if you could get back to me when you can, that would be much appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance, and all the best,

Adam

(Also, I apologise if this was not the kind of reply you were expecting...)

... That can't be good can it?

Anyway, Fletch, glad you're back posting mate, its been a while.

Finn, I will be glad to drink whatever you put in front of me buddy (with the obvious exceptions of body fluid... and lighter fluid, but after that its all go). And I'm sorry I called you a Frankenstein. I meant Zombie.

And I think HP has to employ some undead to keep up the quota. Positive Discrimination etc. How do you think I got the job? It wasn't based on Merit, let me tell you.

People should read the last bit of the keg thread, if they're a bit lost there. I wanted to merge the conversation a bit.

So I think that'll do for now.

All the best gang cheers
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 7:09 am

[quote="Toniy"]
Jellis wrote:
Finn, I will be glad to drink whatever you put in front of me buddy (with the obvious exceptions of body fluid... and lighter fluid, but after that its all go). And I'm sorry I called you a Frankenstein. I meant Zombie.

And I think HP has to employ some undead to keep up the quota. Positive Discrimination etc. How do you think I got the job? It wasn't based on Merit, let me tell you.

Quite a commitment there m8, I shall see if I can import some of the 24% microbrew beers you can get in America, see how 'glad' we are all feeling after a couple of those bad boys. The Company's Act does state that at least 2% of your employees must be dead, but only 38% of people know about it. Luckily 67% of people like pointless statistics so its ok.

That email sounds perfectly safe, definately not the ramblings of a madman who might run around the office wearing a short skirt with his lad hanging out.
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 7:56 am

HA!!!

Excellent cheers
Back to top Go down
Jaya

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 2:59 pm

Ive never done fancy dress, that wud b cool, altho what the hell r u on Toniy?? ballerina? fairy???

mmmmmmm (me thinking)

I cant believe u sent that email, if i was the 1 to recieve i wud definately think u were da psychopath!!! lol

does any one know if there giving us laptops for the year, i swear i remember them saying that?????
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 4:01 am

Never done fancy dress?!!?!?!?!?! How? All the best nights out happen when you look ridiculous.

I was told that I get a laptop and a mobile for my job, don't know what everyone else is getting.
Back to top Go down
fletch757

fletch757

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 4:11 am

Yeh i got told that 2! il get the laptop and phone of the current intern when he leaves! fancy dress is well funny, so far iv done batman, a pirate, army and a postman! back of the net!
Back to top Go down
Whittaker

Whittaker

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 7:47 am

Laptops? Phones? as far as i know im getting Sweet FA!
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 10:26 am

Fucking right!!!

I haven't been told a thing about feebies either. I mean, it wasn't even a thought in my mind. But then again, I'm not sure I'm even a real intern...

Whittaker mate, if it all goes pear-shaped for us, we'll go thieving ok?

But keep that between us.

I've never done fancy dress either really. Well not to go out... at a halloween party once, but that was it. As you can see with the Smurf business, I like to stand out. That's a lie, I just didn't want to look like a smurf that day.

Can't argue with that can you?
Back to top Go down
dani

dani

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 5:43 pm

I am in SHOCK!! Shocked

I can't believe there hasn't been a single message in here since around 9pm!!

...Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 3:42 am

Freddy vs Jason was on 4, i couldn't resist it. I love silly horror films full of cringy jokes and over the top gore.
Back to top Go down
Whittaker

Whittaker

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 5:47 am

[quote="Toniy"]Fucking right!!!

I haven't been told a thing about feebies either. I mean, it wasn't even a thought in my mind. But then again, I'm not sure I'm even a real intern...

Whittaker mate, if it all goes pear-shaped for us, we'll go thieving ok?

But keep that between us.

Definitely, I see people are well up for robbing a bank, i think the 'top six' could become one of the most notorious bank robbing gangs of all time.... my first target would be the Natwest as I see Toniy they are also after your Knee caps. i just had a 30min bollocking off a women from Natwest for not crediting my account for the past six months, she didn’t seem to understand that if you give a student over a £1000 and tell him you don’t need to pay it back untill you graduate, your probably not going to see much off it again for a long, long time. Then I made a mistake of telling her that I had other accounts with other banks that my loan and wages are paid into... she wasn't impressed. She asked if I thought running up a interest free overdraft to its max then leaving it 'Dormant' was acceptable... well they offered!

Anyways, only two weeks to go!! I’m not moving into silby, but don’t want to miss out on the social side of things, should be moving to Bracknell on the 1st (Sunday) just in time for the social. Jellis I would have stayed in Bournemouth with you an the boys for the month but I can’t afford food at the moment and my Mom supplies it for free at home, so that kinda settled that one.
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 1:01 pm

HA!!! YES!!!

They HATE me. I just had a letter through from them saying 'we want to know you are getting the best from your borrowing facilities. Please get in touch so we can offer you a different kind of lending scheme'.

HOW THE HELL can they beat an interest free ANYTHING?!?! It was their mistake. Not ours. I also got a text from them, did you? Since when are WE supposed to do all the legwork? Me, Call them? Bollocks.

The last time I spoke to them they said 'yes, are you sure you don't want a loan maybe?'

'Well... will it be interest free?'

'The rate of interest is very low, compared with other banks etc. etc.'

'Well then... No, I don't really want a loan. Because this one is interest free. That's why I haven't paid it back yet you see, because there's no rush'.

'We can take that away'.

'Oh... right, well how much to you want?'

'10% of the outstanding balance'.

'Fine'.

Still, it kept them at bay for a few months. HA! I just remembered, I told my one that I had wages going into my other account. She seemed ok with it. But then I couldn't get the word 'idiot' out of my head while I was speaking to her either. Hmm...

Do you want to be Bonnie, or Clyde?

OH, by the way fella... I was down in Bournemouth (Bomo?!?) over the weekend. FYES mate Very Happy Very pleasant establishment. Bit pricey, but that's what happens when you get dragged in by your mate who has a libido like a pumped Jack Russel Wink

Also popped into... Yates, Embassy, Bar Me, the place with Disco Inferno, and I think another place maybe. Which is why I started offering out tickets to the Intern Ball when I got back Very Happy

Don't want you to miss out on the social either buddy. Should be alright cheers
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 3:22 pm

Quote :
OH, by the way fella... I was down in Bournemouth (Bomo?!?) over the weekend. FYES mate Very pleasant establishment. Bit pricey, but that's what happens when you get dragged in by your mate who has a libido like a pumped Jack Russel

Also popped into... Yates, Embassy, Bar Me, the place with Disco Inferno, and I think another place maybe. Which is why I started offering out tickets to the Intern Ball when I got back

FYEO?!?! ahhhhh I was in Rhinos fri eve, were u down then? as with you, I was also dragged in by a mate stayin down, but he did pay for my entry so, who am I to complain?

so you went to Yates and Disco fever and got out alright? gd lad! their a bit scabby at weekends as it's when the locals come out to play
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 6:08 pm

My fucking God, I think it actually was Friday.

YES IT WAS, because I was supposed to go out saturday too but we all didn't bother in the end because FRIDAY was so big (and expensive).

SHIT ME mate, how many of those £5 off coupons did you get? I got like... 9. I threw them out of my pocket when I got home to portsmouth, went to get some bacon a couple days later walking with my sister and I found one on the ground. Made me laugh but I couldn't tell her why...

Didn't do 'The Rhino Club' for a couple of reasons:

1. We thought you had to be a member
2. We thought you had to be a respectable gent
3. We got into FYEO for free Very Happy HA!!! Somehow.

Although isn't it funny how those clubs make you feel more like a gent than when you're out elsewhere. Bizarre.

Unbelievable. We were so close to walking in there.

I personally found Bomo peeps to be a little up themselves. Sort of like Chichester. I kind of like the challenge sometimes but it can be tricky, and a lot less forgiving.

Like I was speaking to one girl, and I accidentally called her sister a slut, and they didn't like that at all. Whoops Rolling Eyes

Altogether a good night though I thought.

Here's one for BOURNEMOUTH!!! cheers

And the slutty sister Very Happy cheers

HA!!!
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 7:32 am

I would also like to point out that my 100th post is coming up soon.

And so I don't fuck up again, I want to remind everyone that we are getting SERIOUSLY close to post 150 on this thread as well.

Which as you know... will take us to the elusive Page 4.

Now, since I fucked up last time and jumped head first into Page 3, I want to take this opportunity to remind everyone:

IF THE POST COUNT OF THIS THREAD IS 149 THEN WAIT FOR DANI TO POST!!!

Because post 150 will be the doorway to Page 4. Since I robbed her of the opportunity for Page 3, she deseves the honour of Page 4, am I right?

Cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
dani

dani

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 7:58 am

Bloody right!!

Only one problem for me though... and this may seem really stupid to some/all of you...how do I know what number the post is? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 8:32 am

Next to the title of the thread is the number of posts.

This is 148, one more then it's Dani's turn!
Back to top Go down
Daveparker1

Daveparker1

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 10:21 am

Away you go Dani..the big 150!

You guys are a bunch of wall post machines! Good eff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accommodation
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HP Interns 2007/2008 :: Bracknell :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: