HP Interns 2007/2008
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HP Interns 2007/2008

A place to discuss all aspects of your time at HP 2007/2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Accommodation

Go down 
+21
mattp
Dione
Daveparker1
Cat
timhannibal
Lauren
David Finn
Leo
Jellis
Liam
Whittaker
joness3
Kieran
Toniy
hepburniain
deepa
Gormo
fletch757
Kirsty
Nick
dani
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
dani

dani

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Accommodation - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 5:57 pm

yeo yeo YEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 7:09 am

FUCK YEAH!!!

Ok, so have I redeemed myself AT ALL in your eyes now Dani?

I did my best, AND I stayed away from the Page 4 crossover thing far enough to MAKE SURE it would be you.

Come on now... that must have counted for something Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

Number of posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 6:33 pm

I love when a plan comes together.

Now we just need another 47 posts, get going.
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 7:49 pm

My God... Do you think we'll do it?

I mean I think we covered the last fifty in record time... but 5 Pages?

You're a Madman.... but I'm with you all the way

For the Enthusiasm cheers
Back to top Go down
Daveparker1

Daveparker1

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 1:50 pm

No fear guys...4 words:

One

Word

Per

Thread

lol!

Plus you say that like this forum wont be used for drunken banter in Sibly????! haha! I'll give it 2 days..the big 200!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 2:02 pm

it'll become a facebook kinda place, HEY TONIY COME TO THE BAR OK NICK BRT MATE, FINN U COMING? YE+H MATE SOUNDS LIKE A FUCKING PLAN.

I finished my exams today.

Oh hai.
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 3:20 pm

Finished today?!?!?!? sick! finished 4 weeks ago Very Happy

I'm liking the one word per post thing dave, but with Toniy and Finn around, it's not gonna happen... Razz <-----meant to be a face talking loads!
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 5:40 pm

I think when we are in halls we can replace the forum with shouting, a simple war cry of "BEER!" should get everyone out their rooms ready for a trip to the bar.

Grats on finishing exams Nick, how did they go overall?

I prefer to leave long rambling posts than short ones, so I will.

Went to Hooters in Nottingham tonight cos my m8 suggested it, bloody brilliant. The food was poor, the prices were high, but my god the staff were hot sunny Unfortunately it was a finely tuned money making machine and it cost us £15-20 each for a meal which was worse than KFC and 2 beers. Luckily we were hungry for more booze and ended up doing a bar crawl in Nottingham before we headed home, classic.
Back to top Go down
Jaya

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 6:55 am

2 Questions......

Do i need a tv license for the halls? (ive never left home)!!!!

Once u guys sent ure contract bk 2 Hp, did they send u confirmation? Im worried about something. ( its a fuckin longgggg story)

Various Shocked (this 1s cool)
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 8:12 am

You are legally required to have a TV license if you want to have a TV in your room, but in two years of uni I have not known anyone actually get one or have an inspector come round. It is very hard for the TV licensing people to get into individual rooms to check.

I didn't get a letter or email saying that everything is sorted, but I hope it is, I will ring them on monday to see.
Back to top Go down
Lauren

Lauren

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 2:11 pm

Helo,

So much has happened in a week, its gone crazy on here!!!!

I onli sent my contract off las monday an they sent me an email confirmin that they had received my contract an they sent me two attachments a new hire guide an an acceptance letter!!

so i dunno why you havent had anythin ??

ooo , im realli excited now !!!!!
Back to top Go down
dani

dani

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 9:21 pm

All i can taste is tequila! I don't know if that's good or bad!

I had the WORST day today!

I woke up at half 7 this morning...was still pissed from last night so life was good (or so i thought...) went back to sleep for an hour or two, woke up at about 11, hangover had kicked in so I was one grumpy bitch!!

Continued the day...a full bottle of water emptied itself all over my handbag...waterlogging my beautiful, sexy, new phone!! Argh! Lost all my numbers! I'm now on some stupid shitty old phone that doesn't even work on voice calls (unless on speaker!! in which case I look like a TOTAL tit walking around SCREAMING down my handset...)

So...to drown my sorrows, I went and had a drink with a friend where I continued to miss my mouth and used the side of the glass as a weapon and CHIPPED MY TOOTH!! Arghhhhhhhhhhh!

To make matters worse, the N.Ireland smoking ban is in FULL SWING!! The bouncers now think it is HILARIOUS to put bloody stamps all over peoples visible limbs making them one stupid advertisement for the bar. AND it's raining it's raining all the time...

So....in my extremely competitive nature...I thought it would be a good idea to recruit some friends and partake in a little pubquiz. There were prizes for the first four teams...(or so they would make us believe)!! We were leading the WHOLE time until the final general knowledge round where we became too pissed to even understand what the hell the quiz guy was saying. As a result we came third...AND....to make matters WORSE!! the pub quiz had been split into 3 divisions!! The team who came first in the first, second and third divisions each gotta prize and the team that came second in the first division got one too. The people that came third (i.e. US!) got NOTHING!! People were getting prizes for being shit!!

Oh dear...I then decided the best thing to do was to get REALLY drunk, befriend loads of old men who were locals and profess to the whole bar that i loved them whilst singing madonna's like a prayer.

SHIT day all round!

How's everyone else? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 4:06 am

Holy Crap! Nice eventful day there Dani, make me quite excited to see what might happen on a night out if you are there. How is your tooth?

At least the day has given you a nice story to tell if someone claims they had an shit day.
Back to top Go down
Jaya

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 6:27 pm

ok here goes, i really couldnt b bothered wid writin this shit out, as u can c i have issues in this area but i need help!

me and my close friend applied for placements wid Hp, they took fuckin ages to decide and then there was a final interview. I knew it was jus gonna b between me and her but she said she didnt think so, well it was

and so they called her the same day 2 tell her she got the job!!

(how i reacted is another story)!!!

they didnt even bother responding to me, until she turned them dwn, and then i was given the job. I accepted after much deliberation.

here comes the dilemma... i recieved the contract but they have sent HER all the emails about what to do on your first day, intern ball etc!!!!

So wat the fuck shud i do???
As they do not realise we r friends, its a fuckin akward situation. Help

Sorry 4 any mistakes, i cant b bothered to check and correct.
p.s please dont compare me 2 dat german kid hes crazy!!!

Various. Only serious replies please. lol
Back to top Go down
dani

dani

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 3:48 am

Right, I'm confused.

She didn't take the job, yeah?

If it's that easy...get her to just forward the emails on?

Sorted!
Back to top Go down
Jaya

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 4:47 am

yh but what if they assume that she is actually taking the job?
Back to top Go down
dani

dani

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 5:12 am

well that's not your problem really.

she should have set them straight!!

i am gonna look like such a mess starting this job next week.

had yet another drunken messy one last night and have a massive cut on my cheek and bruise on my chin!!

me = mess!
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 5:27 am

I say ring the HP intern team, they will want to see that you can sort stuff out, best to get on the phone and let them know their intern address book is out of date.

Cut on your cheek? What the hell did you do? I look forward to hearing all the stories behind these drunken injuries. I am sure there will be a few of us turning up poorly turned out to begin with, poorly tied ties and stumbling around in new shoes.
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 6:50 am

or old shoes if your as skint as me! tongue

Jaya, they sent you the contract so they must know it's you taking the job, like the others say, get in cintact with them, will only take a couple of mins to sort it out I should presume Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dani

dani

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 8:54 am

I fell on glass or something...

Can't really remember that part Shocked

Jaya...Did you try the hotline number that has the answering machine?
If no hope with that, you could email them on the intern email address.

They normally get back to you really quickly when you leave a message.

The number I've used is 0870 351 5388
Back to top Go down
Jaya

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 9:21 am

Thanks guys, by the looks of things it seems were gonna b more efficent them them!!!!
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 12:28 pm

RIGHT.

So I've been away for a while. Not had much to say, not been up at four thinking 'I really need to share this', not actually been in the country for the weekend either.

But I'm here now. And I've missed you guys. And the Welsh, believe me, are in most cases no substitute.

And my god they hate the English. Though in a sort of subserviant way.

So where to start..... Dani.

What can I say? Well I just had my weekend in Wales, so I can see where you're coming from pretty fresh in my mind.

I get to Wales after a 4 hour drive or so (in the passenger seat, I don't / can't drive cars) with one stop, but I guess it got us there quicker.

Got to Tesco to meet my friend whose birthday it was and his girlfriend who was an absolute sweetheart. Very Welsh, couldn't understand a thing I was saying, but very sweet. She would later have a long conversation with me about how she feels like she's not good enough for my friend. She managed to go from sober to pissed within 45 minutes. A-Mazing.

So I meet my guy, and I decide to myself... Beads. Beads are going to be my new mindset for nights out. So I picked up some beads. We go back to his (there are 15 or so of us eventually) and start drinking up. He and I have a vodka each and walk out the door to 'The Mumbles Mile' (100m long).

Smoking ban. Enough said...

Here's the bind. You can't smoke inside, but you can't drink outside. Standing with one foot either side of the door only works in certain cases.

We go to a beer garden on the roof of one of the pubs where some crazy Welsh starts smashing glasses against the wall because she just got dumped on the phone. I told her to go easy. Then I took a picture with her and a friend of my friend's brother.

So its more bars and more booze, fewer cigarettes until we hit the clubs by which time I've got a fair few beads. We go outside for a smoke, the bouncer says we have to pay to get back in. My friend disagrees. I ask the bouncer whether we actually had to pay of if my friend wound him up. He said partly. Prick.

We get a taxi back and find those... lit up, plastic, cube, yellow and white with the blue circle and the arrow telling you to keep left or right post things in the middle of the road. My friend and I tackle them. I am a little more 'bulky' than he is and I go right through mine ending with a hole in my hand, a right leg that stopped walking and landed on my jaw which... well it hurt.

Then I slept in a surfboard bag in the kitchen. I got kicked in the head twice and a glass smashed by it. Hell of a weekend Very Happy

I'll focus on V's issue elsewhere cheers

Thanks for the story though Dani... it was enlightening Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dani

dani

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 3:10 pm

Toniy wrote:
She would later have a long conversation with me about how she feels like she's not good enough for my friend. She managed to go from sober to pissed within 45 minutes. A-Mazing.

...Oh...No!

What a cringeworthy thing to do! Poor girl.

You certainly had an eventful weekend anyway. Unfortunately, my memory completely goes. Even if all that had happened to me, I would never, ever be able to remember it.

I can't believe I'm moving down on Friday! affraid

That's like...THIS WEEK!!
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 6:26 pm

Possibly should have been a bit clearer about that? Drunk first, pouring her heart out second.

I actually have a talent of remembering everything ever ever. Which is a bitch because I can never get away with saying 'sorry, I forgot'. What's especially a bitch is that I could have left that out entirely and no one would be the wiser. And what's weird is the fact I'm making mention of that.

But then it all just adds to the realism that we are trying to create here right? I mean, where else would 'yeo yeo YYYEEEEEOOOO' come from?

She was lovely though. I explained to her how in love my (previously promiscuous) friend was (didn't say how I knew that...) with her. She seemed quite content with that. I don't think it helped that she had never seen him that drunk before. It was nothing out of the ordinary for me however, so I don't know how deep to look into that...

This week. This Friday. ITS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!

Give us that Warcry again D-man, you're the only one that makes it sound authentic... cheers
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 7:01 pm

Quote :
Give us that Warcry again D-man

thats female number two that you have a called a man, nice Razz
Back to top Go down
Toniy

Toniy

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 7:06 pm

Can't help but think I'm chasing you round the forum now mate.

I've got no excuse for the man thing either. But I do hope that it gets swept under the carpet, unlike last time.

Having to break up make up instances before anyone even meets is just bordering on.... a bit weird isn't it?

My god I'm not even talking sense anymore. BED TIME!!!!
Back to top Go down
Daveparker1

Daveparker1

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 11:10 am

Absolute hero..slightly absent minded tho!

I think Dani will agree that there is nothing funnier that refering to a female in a male context! Gets me every time!
Back to top Go down
dani

dani

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 12:24 pm

I'll pretend I didn't see it Wink

Dave...your pic really reminds me of someone I know!! I can't figure it out though!!

Do you reckon we could get to 5 pages before Friday??
Back to top Go down
fletch757

fletch757

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 12:25 pm

Toniy how are you going to cope when we dnt need this forum anymore when we can actually interact face to face! I bet u end up talkin 2 urself on here and then u really will go mad! But im sure the top 6, me included with get u thru the cold sweats and withdrawl symtoms.

And..it has come 2 my attention that this topic has gone off the accomodation topic somewhat! lol!

Not long now guys, that excited/nervous feelings startin 2 take me ova!! Love it!! afro
Back to top Go down
dani

dani

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 12:25 pm

I'll pretend I didn't see it Wink

Dave...your pic really reminds me of someone I know!! I can't figure it out though!!

Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Quote :

well if you post your messages twice and wel all join in with that then, yeah ofcourse Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Quote :

well if you post your messages twice and wel all join in with that then, yeah ofcourse Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jaya

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 6:06 pm

lol! Toniy has already started talkin to himself on here (plese refer to Various discussion)!
Back to top Go down
Jaya

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 6:07 pm

lol!
( thought id send another, to contribute gettin to 5 pages)
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 2:55 am

I don't like all this double posting, seems like cheating.
Back to top Go down
David Finn

David Finn

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 2:55 am

Back to top Go down
Jellis

Jellis

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 6:41 am

Quote :

Blame Dani Razz
Back to top Go down
dani

dani

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 9:27 am

Oi you! I did it as a mistake...not my fault you copied tongue

Only a few days left! Yeo!

I'm packing at the minute and ...my god, I have accumulated some SHIT over the years!

I don't even know where to start...
Back to top Go down
Daveparker1

Daveparker1

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 3:35 am

We will definat
Back to top Go down
Daveparker1

Daveparker1

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 3:37 am

...ly get to five pages, after all we are the top 6!

(Sorry accidently hit tab and return by accident...or did I??!!)
Back to top Go down
Daveparker1

Daveparker1

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 3:40 am

Could have put this in the last message but quite liking the idea of 5 pages now!lol!

Am about to leave and be in Sibly 2mo! See you all then. If any1 realises that they are in a flat on their larry or sumit my no is: 07841104487!!

Cheers guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accommodation   Accommodation - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accommodation
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HP Interns 2007/2008 :: Bracknell :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: